Assistant Project Manager
A12 Utilities Project Manager
Assist the Project Manager to coordinate utility diversion with Statutory Undertakers, designers, contractors and clients.
Overview of Role:
Infraco Consulting is providers of solutions for the management of projects involving key critical national infrastructure with a focus on enabling works and utilities. We pride ourselves on being able to assist our clients with our wealth of professional experience and knowledge to help deliver projects on time and on budget.
We are involved on several major Infrastructure Projects. One of these projects are coordinating the utility diversion for the A12 Chelmsford to A120 widening scheme. The project is still in its early stages. The DCO was submitted in August 2022 and design is in progress. Site work will start 2024. The planned end date is 2028. The Project Value is between £1.045 - £1.268bn.
We are looking for Assistant Project Managers to join the Utilities Team on this project. The Utilities Team is responsible for coordinating all work relating to utilities between the Statutory Undertaker, Costain (Principal Contractor), Jacobs (Designer) and the National Highways (Client). In addition to the diversionary works, the utilities team are also responsible for managing and coordinating temporary diversions, new and temporary connections, and asset protection.
This role will include the assisting with project management and coordination, as appropriate for defined utility areas of the programme, engineering, procurement, construction, commercial and commissioning activities for the life cycle of the programme of work in accordance with the overall Project schedule throughout development and delivery phases of the works. This post will assist with ensuring planning and delivery is in accordance with all safety, quality, time and cost parameters to meet the needs of the Project.
Starting within the development phase of the Project the nature of the role is to assist with the effective delivery of the utility activities that will ensure a cohesive and copacetic foundation of the design, protocols and processes. This will ensure that the utility works, cost and the programme are developed and amalgamated with the main Project programme while recognising and managing the impacts and opportunities for the wider Project.
Leadership is crucial as the Assistant Project Manager will be required to establish and lead diverse third-party and internal project team members to deliver activities within their programme.
The project office is currently at Monument in London. Once construction starts, the office will be on site near Hatfield Peveril.
Working hours are 40 hours a week of which 2 days are at home and 3 days in the office on an average each week.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
We require an experienced and competent individual to be the undertake various tasks in the following areas, this is not an exhaustive list:
▪ Assist with defining the work scope to be delivered with the SU within the contract or package of work and the
interfaces to the other elements of the programme.
▪ Assist with developing and executing effective execution strategies and plans in line with the overall programme
execution plan (PEP), setting out how the programme of work will be managed, organised, and executed.
▪ Maintaining effective communications with all stakeholders.
▪ Assist with driving the delivery of the workstream activities to ensure they are delivered safely on time, to budget, and
meeting project & technical requirements. Monitor and manage the progress of the programme - track progress against
milestones, deadlines, budget and provide key stakeholders with reports on these matters.
▪ Anticipate, manage and resolve issues within the contract or package. Identify risks and facilitate the resolution of all
issues raised, develop and update the programme budget, and escalate any issues to the Project Manager.
▪ Interface with other project interfaces to ensure a high-level view of how the total project is progressing and to identify
and adopt the use of best practices.
▪ Assist with ensuring that contract or package contractual requirements are fulfilled.
▪ Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all project team members.
▪ Ensure Interface works meet overall requirements of the programme including Health, Safety, Environment and Quality.
▪ Recognize areas for improvement and communicate them to Project Manager.
▪ Identify project early warning notices and assist Project Manager with raising them. (EWN)
Core Qualifications and Skills:
The Post holder should be able to demonstrate:
▪ Engineering or Project Management qualification and proven project management experience.
▪ Understanding and previous experience of Enabling and Utilities projects.
▪ Proven experience of working on large infrastructure or utility infrastructure projects/programmes.
▪ Proven experience of working in a high performing team.
▪ Working knowledge of CAD 2D and/or 3D, BIM.
▪ Driving license
▪ CSCS Card Holder
Previous Experience and Skills:
▪ Excellent IT skills, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office SharePoint, Teams, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
▪ Excellent time management skills.
▪ Proactive and proven ability to hit deadlines.
▪ High level of attention to detail.
▪ Must have excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
▪ A team player with excellent interpersonal and influencing skills who interacts effectively with colleagues and clients.
▪ Ability to work under pressure, manage time and assist the team in meeting deadlines.
▪ Ability to inspire and motivate people to drive the business forward and achieve business goals.
▪ Ability to maintain confidentiality.
▪ Competitive Salary
▪ 20 days annual leave per annum, plus bank holidays and additional 3 days at Christmas. Additional 1 day after each year
of service, up to a maximum of 25 days.
▪ Pension with leading provider and up to 6% employer contribution
▪ Private healthcare to include spouse/ partner up and dependants up to 24 years of age
▪ Company life insurance cover
▪ Salary sacrifice scheme
▪ Personal development plan to support you in your career
▪ Emergency First Aid Training
▪ Personal Insights Profile
To register your interest please include the vacancy reference VAC035 and email your CV direct to: